Social Media

Tuesday, 20 January 2015

How to: Re-purpose Summer Clothes for Winter Days

Okay. I understand how crazy the title of this post may seem. You must re-purpose these clothes sensibly of course, and in a way that does not lead to frost bite. Clothing these days I find is no longer seasonal. Lately you can find more stores carrying shorts as well as  dresses in very light weight fabrics in winter. Thus layering is born.  If you're itching to wear your favourite summer skirt you bought on clearance at the end of the season now is the time. You know that skirt you bought but only wore once before you packed it away for the winter? Now is the time to bust it out my friend! Pull out that perfect floral skirt and toss on some thick tights. They even make fleece lined tights these days! I find them warmer than any other pant. Pulling out something summery also helps beat those winter blues. Come on, re-purposing clothing and instant mood booster? Win Win.

HM, 424 Fifth, Pattern, Print

Ah this necklace. I am in love.  I am so very over the huge statement, bib-type necklaces. Which is a shame, considering I own many of them. I mean, I still like them, but in moderation now. I found this choker type necklace at a small gorgeous boutique in Guelph called Blush. At first I loved it. Then when I took it home, I regretted buying it. And now I ever regret regretting buying it. (#noregrets)


Skirt: 424 Fifth
Sweater: Joe Fresh
Necklace: Blush
Bag: Thrifted
Coat: H&M
Boots: ASOS

No comments:

Post a Comment